Ficksburg Cherry Festival
Ficksburg is known throughout the country as Cherry Town of South Africa. The Ficksburg Cherry Festival takes place during the third week in November. It is the oldest crop festival in South Africa.
Every year, festival activities include cherry tours, a golf classic, a half marathon, cherry and product competitions, veteran vehicle displays, equestrian events and beer fests.
New exhibitions now include food and wine and A ‘ready, steady, bake’ competition, is always a firm favourite to watch as is the making of cherry mampoer (a South African moonshine).
Well-known South African artists provide live entertainment and the festival is usually hosted by a national celebrity.
Highlights of recent festivals included appearances by the Soweto String Quartet and the Lipizzaner horses from Johannesburg.
- There is always ATM’s on site of the festival
- When entering the Festival you will be given a festival programme
- Parking is provided in designated parking areas. Parking is not allowed inside the show grounds.
- Special drop-off points inside the show grounds can be arranged for handicapped people
- Security is provided in the parking lots and inside the show ground areas.
Event and festival details can change. All event information is published in good faith as supplied by the organisers. Please check with the organisers that the event is happening before making your travel arrangements.
Click Here for more info